Hope and Healing: Recovery from Addiction, Rebuilding Lives, Empowering Families
Mental Health America of Spartanburg County and the 2022 Educational Series host for January… “Hope and Healing: Recovery from Addiction, Rebuilding Lives, Empowering Families” presented by a panel from FAVOR (Faces and Voices of Recovery), including Carroll Easterling, Mike Malone and clients in recovery.
To give an overview of FAVOR’s mission of providing a compassionate and innovative response to the suffering caused by substance use disorder. FAVOR reaches over 5,000 individuals in Upstate SC each year. FAVOR believes we can change how the world perceives and responds starting with one individual, one family and one community at a time.
- Participants will get to see the faces and hear the voices of recovery.
- They will hopefully have a better understanding of substance use disorder as a disease.
- They will learn how FAVOR Upstate can be a valuable recovery resource in the community and for those affected by substance use disorder.
Carroll Easterling, Community Engagement Manager at FAVOR
• BA in Elementary / Early Childhood / Special Education
• Certified Family Recovery Coach
Mike Malone, Acting CEO at FAVOR
• BA in Psychology / Nonprofit Management
• Certified Arise Interventionist, Certified Peer Support Specialist
To learn more about addiction and recovery, you may contact our moderator Carroll Easterling, Certified Family Recovery Coach and Community Engagement Manager at FAVOR.