Mental Health America of Spartanburg County will be hiring a part-time Executive Director, to work in coordination with our Advisory Board and state organization. Resumes are due November 15, 2020. Interviews will take place in December, with new employee starting the position in early January 2021.
Download Job Description >>
Position: Salaried, part-time (15-20 hours/week, flexible schedule)
Reports To: MHA-Spartanburg Advisory Board, through Chair and in coordination with MHA of South Carolina Executive Director. *
General Description: The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for carrying out the mission and goals of MHA-Spartanburg, serving as the “face” of the organization in the community. She/he will work under the general guidance of the MHA-Spartanburg Advisory Board.
Excellent opportunity to increase awareness of and to expand this vital organization in Spartanburg
- Develop, with Advisory Board, timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, including annual budget and fundraising plan.
- Help maintain and support a strong Advisory Board and committees, keeping them informed about opportunities, issues and challenges.
- Oversee finance, resource development and communications, assuring MHA-Spartanburg stays within approved plans and budget.
- Work with Advisory Board to ensure consistent quality and on-going evaluation of programs, services, and plans.
Fundraising and Communications:
- Expand on-going, reliable revenue sources to build organizational capacity and sustainability.
- Identify grant opportunities and develop proposals, ensuring required reporting.
- Explore potential collaborative relationships with other organizations with related missions and goals.
- Develop effective relationships with local communication outlets; assist Social Media Consultant with maintenance and update of MHA-Spartanburg’s website and Facebook page.
- Represent MHA-Spartanburg at relevant meetings or events in the community, whenever possible.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; training and/or experience in human services and behavioral health, preferred.
- Non-profit management experience, including working with and supervising volunteers, preferred.
- Knowledgeable of financial operations and resource development.
- Knowledgeable about behavioral/mental health issues and community resources; commitment to the mission and goals of Mental Health Association.
- Experience in public speaking and community education, desirable.
*NOTE: MHA of Spartanburg County is a satellite of MHA of South Carolina whose Board of Directors is our governing board. The Executive Director of MHA-South Carolina works in coordination with and supports our Advisory Board.
Email resumes to Mary Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard copies can be mailed to:
Mary Miles, Advisory Board Chair
Mental Health America of Spartanburg County
P.O. Box 2293
Spartanburg SC 29304
Deadline for resumes is November 15, 2020